Volunteering with Miles4Migrants
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
— Margaret Mead
From our beginnings, Miles4Migrants (M4M) has been supported by a talented and dedicated team of volunteers. The ways in which each first discovered our mission are varied and often provides for some rich story-telling.
Miles4Migrants’ volunteer program is a way for people to invest their skills, minds, and hearts in support of M4M’s mission. Every task, no matter how small, has a significant beneficial effect on people impacted by war, persecution, and disaster. As a volunteer, you:
- Play an important part in empowering refugees, asylees, and asylum seekers who are embarking on new beginnings in new communities
- Provide skills and expertise that allow our charity to free up resources to better meet the needs of the refugee community we serve
- Gain the opportunity for personal growth and a sense of purpose in knowing you are touching the lives of those in need around the world
- Help shape our organization’s future by sharing new ways of thinking and perspectives while collaborating with our team
- Have the ability to contribute to short or long term projects, most of which offer the convenience and flexibility of being scheduled around your availability.
We’re not a huge bureaucracy. We operate 100% virtually, using online tools, emails, and calls to keep in close contact with one another. Our volunteers are folks from around the globe who have pitched in because they want to have a positive impact. We are united as a community, passionate about helping displaced persons reunite with their loved ones and relocate to a new safe home.
What our volunteers contribute daily in time, skills and expertise, enhances our internal capacity, and makes it possible for Miles4Migrants to do important things every day, and respond to the 40+ other charities who depend on us to help fly the individuals and families whom they support.
Interested in sharing some of your talents with us? Enjoy working collaboratively with a small team to support ongoing needs? Prefer more independent projects with a shorter duration? Have a specific idea or skill that you’d like to contribute? Completing our short Volunteer Interest Form at the bottom of this page will let us learn about your skills, interests, and the time you have available to share.